MemberlistHomeFAQAxE Clan rulesAxE MembersJoining AxE ClanConnect to #AxE|RECRUITING|XPS with xfireRegisterLog inDonate for AxEHomeUsergroupsCalendarMovies

Share | 

ET Tips & Tricks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Walsu
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: ET Tips & Tricks   Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:00 am

Posted some of these in cruz's thread but as im gonna add more, its better to have it as a thread than a message no one reads.
I would like everyone to post more of these short advices, I will add them to the starting post!!

Useful websites to visit for more info and knowledge:

aim400kg - Aiming and reaction time training for gamers! Very useful.

Enemy Territory Net - Lots of useful information about the game, great tutorials too!

ETnet strategy guide - READREADREAD

SplatterLadder - Look up servers and players, and their information here! I use it alot.

Antman - Lots of console commands and explanations for them! Also has links for some programs for ET

Trackbase - Kinda like SplatterLadder (Thanks cruz)

Et scrim playlist - Watch and learn from scrim games.

Weapon accuracy and spread - Stuff about weapon accuracy and bullet spread.

When reviving in fights, use the teammate rising up as a human shield as he wont take damage.

If you know a battle is coming, try to lay down some healthpacks, but make sure your enemy cannot reach them

Train your aiming by using 1 pistol only

When you know someone is chasing you, make sure to drop a grenade when they cant see you

When capturing flags, try to time it so your troops respawn a couple seconds later

Try to pressure your enemies away from objectives using explosives

When defending objectives that can be blown up etc. try to focus on killing enemy engis first, and make sure to gib them, its worth it. the attack will be delayed 30s<

When walking around keep your crosshair at head height

Train your accuracy, its best to make every shot count even if they hit the body

When fighting make sure to move around alot, crouching also helps, but prone doesnt work that well as you cant shoot while going down or coming up

Use your Q and E buttons to peek around corners, but make sure that you cant be seen

Save sprinting energy for fighting instead of just using it to move around

Listen to music while playing, even if it might affect you hearing enemy footsteps, it gets you into fighting mood and i find myself a better player while listening to music (but keep the volume below ET gamevolume)

In 1v2 etc. try to focus the weaker enemies first, like engis and fops, not medics

As engineer, set mines in bushes so the white outlines cant be seen, also use them around corners so enemies in hurry cant react to them fast enough

When defending objectives, dont just stand in front of it, use corners etc. and you can even be further away if you see the objective well enough

Teamplay is important! its not good to have only 1 engi in a 10person team, adjust to your team

Use voicechat !! very important as writing is too slow and if you learn the quickbuttons for commands you can help your team out alot!!

Try to secure areas before planting dynamites etc.

I like to keep my ammunition above 2 clips so that i can go def objectives and help out in fights without having to run around for ammo

Soldier class is underused, you can easily set up defence on chokepoints with MG's

Rifle grenades are very useful! you can easily take down an enemy nest, or even bounce grenadess behind corners using walls

Pistols deal the same damage than SMG's but are slower and less accurate, in close quarter fights, you can easily 3headshot enemies with a single pistol

On AxE server you can select both of the SMG's on both teams, use whichever you like

Give covering fire to people doing objectives

When you play as medic or field ops, remember to pass out ammo boxes and healthkits, easy XP and you help out your team too!

If you are near your spawnpoint and run out of ammo, you can wait for 1-4 seconds left on spawntimer and selfkill to gain HP and ammo back (you can bind selfkill, /bind BUTTON kill;forcetapout )

Adjust your crosshair to be small or medium size for easier aiming for the head, use colors that really differ from the backround

You can easily disable screen shaking when moving by entering these in your config:
set cg_bobroll 0
set cg_bobpitch 0
set cg_bobup 0
set cg_bobyaw 0

Silent dooropening helps alot: crouch or walk and open it for no sound!

I like to bind my 5 and 6 slots in my mousewheel for easy airstrike/revive or med/ammoboxes for quick access

If you use your map, you can see your fireteam members by names there

Go into options-->view and turn on low quality sky for a small fps boost, also turn off blood

Try to memorize popular landmine placement spots

You can easily look at objectives trough the limbo objective cam if you want to be a little prick

Strafejump for faster speed etc. (go trickjump servers to learn faster movement)

Arm a grenade and hold it in your hand, toss it away after 2-4 seconds so the enemy will have less time to react! remember to "calculate" the flight time

Dont even bother fighting Walsu, you will instadie...

Disable autoreload so you can change to pistols instead of changing a magazine on your SMG when you run out of ammo, /cg_autoreload 0

As an engineer, you dont have to plant dynamites directly on/next to the objective, plant them some metres further away for easier defending in many cases

You can easily defend chokepoints with explosives, artillery and MG's

You can toggle ET fullscreen off and on by pressing alt+enter, A great way to check your facebook in the middle of a game Wink

If someone lags out of the server, type !spec999 and they will go spectator

You can toss a grenade while peeking around walls with Q and E

You can add colors to your name by typing ^ and a number or a letter Example: ^1 is red and ^7 white, Example2: ^1Wal^7su will result in Walsu

Watch ET scrim games to learn, you can find some on youtube (HERE)

High ping makes you lag, close down torrenting programs and youtube etc. to reduce it. (Also applys to other computers using the same internet connection)

When your soldier skill reaches level 4, you can actually have an SMG as an extra weapon instead of pistols when using the soldier class!

Press ALT to see your deaths, kills and accuracy on different weapons

Crouching increases your accuracy alot! Helpful on long distances, but dangerous in close 1v1's.

Learn to control bullet-spread! (HERE)

Some information about SMG's.
MP40/Thompson:
Bodyshot: 18 HP
Headshot with helmet: 40 HP
Headshot without helmet: 50 HP
Reload time: 2.5 seconds
6 rounds per second
30 rounds per clip
5 spare clips maximum

If you happen to die on your own landmine with enemies close, wait till they are on the landmines explosion radius and then gib yourself, the landmine will go off damaging the enemy.

Plant mines close to health stalls, you can easily kill of the weaker enemies + stalls are pretty used

Put landmines in front of enemy vehicles! when they move, they will be broken and enemies will be damaged.

Instagib by crouching on your dead enemies head and knife their lower body!

Last edited by Walsu on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:54 am; edited 21 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruz
Leader

PostSubject: Re: ET Tips & Tricks   Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:54 am

"Listen to music while playing, even if it might affect you hearing enemy footsteps, it gets you into fighting mood and i find myself a better player while listening to music (but keep the volume below ET gamevolume)"

Depends what mod you are playing, but I've noticed same effect.

"Silent dooropening helps alot: crouch or walk and open it for no sound!"

Some doors can't be opened without sound, however it's louder without this trick.

"As an engineer, you dont have to plant dynamites directly on/next to the objective, plant them some metres further away for easier defending in many cases"

Yep. And for example in italy map if you place dyna too close the gate, axis can defend it trough the gate.

"You can toggle ET fullscreen off and on by pressing alt+enter, A great way to check your facebook in the middle of a game"

Download ET minimizer to move between desktop and game.

And one more good ET related site: Trackbase
Back to top Go down
View user profile

ET Tips & Tricks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1