MemberlistHomeFAQAxE Clan rulesAxE MembersJoining AxE ClanConnect to #AxE|RECRUITING|XPS with xfireRegisterLog inDonate for AxEHomeUsergroupsCalendarMovies

Share | 

2 Problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: 2 Problems   Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:15 am

When there are new maps added for example beer run and i need to download the map ET shuts down and redirects me to the forum.
I got everything on 1 like cl_allowdownload 1. So i decided to download the map manually and place it in my ETmain folder but the weird thing is that the same happends. My second problem is that when i start my xfire i get a dns error problem and i cant use anything that needs internet. The weird thing is that i can connect to wolfenstein servers. I can't think of any solution to these problems. If someone could help me that would be great.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Cruz
Leader

PostSubject: Re: 2 Problems   Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:55 am

I use this site when got problem with downloading files http://www.harryhomers.org/et/download/etmain/ , you only need to download it and put in to etmain folder.

About your second problem - Does it fuck up your internet browser also so you cannot use it? And it works if you won't launch xfire before that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 2 Problems   Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:12 am

Cruz wrote:
I use this site when got problem with downloading files http://www.harryhomers.org/et/download/etmain/ , you only need to download it and put in to etmain folder
Yes i've tryd downloading maps manually and placing it in my etmin folder but when i do that somehow the same problem keeps existing its very strange.

Cruz wrote:
About your second problem - Does it fuck up your internet browser also so you cannot use it? And it works if you won't launch xfire before that?
It fucks up my browser / spotify and everything else that uses internet exept wolfenstein for some strange reason. And if i dont launch xfire everything works fine. When i try to fix it by right clicking the internet logo in the right bottom of the screen and click "fix problems" it says its some kind of gateway problem, when it happends again ill screenshot it and post it.
Back to top Go down
ShaDoW
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: 2 Problems   Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:58 am

u don't find anything on internet without dns. U get it only when u start xfire?
Open cmd and type ipconfig /all and search to dns servers next time that u get it. Is there atleast 1 ip address in that list?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 2 Problems   Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:47 am

Yes i only get it when i start Xfire, the ipconfig thing i will try when it happends again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2 Problems   Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:00 am

I dont have the problem when im on cable instead of wireless.
Back to top Go down
Nailgun*
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: 2 Problems   Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:20 pm

Shift when you open ET, open console and type in cl_allowdownload 1 AND! cl_wwwdownload 1, than it should work just fine.
No idea bout the dns problem :/ sry try to google, it had helped me in many diff problems during the years Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stealth
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: 2 Problems   Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:19 pm

Try using google's dns servers:
https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

ET servers still work because you connect straight to the IP. For websites the domain needs to be resolved to an IP (by a dns server)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 2 Problems   Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:38 pm

Senk joe man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 Problems   

Back to top Go down

2 Problems
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1